Owning a hot tub can be an incredible source of relaxation and enjoyment. If you’re a fellow hot tub enthusiast like myself, you probably cherish those soothing moments spent soaking in warm, bubbling water. But have you ever considered the importance of a proper hot tub cover lifter in enhancing your overall hot tub experience?
You see, a hot tub cover lifter is more than just a convenient accessory. It plays a pivotal role in maintaining the efficiency of your hot tub while also ensuring its cleanliness and hygiene. It might not be immediately apparent, but the benefits it offers are substantial.
First and foremost, a well-designed hot tub cover lifter can help you significantly reduce your energy bills. How, you ask? By effortlessly removing and replacing the cover, it minimizes the heat loss that occurs when you open your hot tub. This means your hot tub heater doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the water temperature, ultimately saving you money on energy consumption.
Moreover, a hot tub cover lifter ensures that your hot tub remains a haven of cleanliness. It prevents leaves, debris, and other contaminants from finding their way into the water when the tub is not in use. This translates to less time spent on cleaning and more time enjoying your hot tub’s therapeutic benefits.
In essence, a hot tub cover lifter is a small investment that yields substantial returns. It enhances the efficiency of your hot tub while making sure it stays pristine and inviting. So, if you’re looking to enhance your hot tub ownership experience, consider the significance of a proper hot tub cover lifter – it’s a game-changer in the world of hot tub maintenance.
Treasure Your Bath Tub with These 7 Best Cover Lifters
To explore what is the best Hot Tub Cover Lifter, here is the list of 7 best hot tub cover lifters:
1. Cover Valet NP509 Spa Cover Lift and Caddy
This spa cover made by Cover Valet is designed to work well will most spas that are 30 to 40 inches tall. Cover Valet makes removing this cover less complicated by using gas spring to assist. The powder-coated aluminum that this cover is constructed of high quality.
The cover is adjustable and can easily be hiked up or lessened for easy storage. It can also be stored cleverly beside the hot tub when not in use. In addition, this spa cover is made to work with any hot tub that is between 30 and 40 inches high.
- Made from high-grade aluminum powder-coated material
- Spa cover can be raised or lowered
- The cabinet design works well with all spas
- Cover can be conveniently stored beside the spa
- Not suitable for heavy hot tubs
- Carriage nuts and bolts may break
2. SpaEase 200, Hydraulic Hot Tub Coverlift
The SpaEase 200 Hydraulic Hot Tub Coverlift has been constructed with the highest level of quality in mind. It is the only hot tub cover that utilizes steel both steel and aluminum in all the right places. Lovatic has its own special “Reverse Pneumatic Technology” (RPT) of using two pistons to aid in raising the cover.
The way this RPT works is that once the cover is half-open it takes over to do the rest of the work. This RPT system also aids in closing; once closed it seals in the heat of the hot tub by the use of pressure applied gently downward.
- Fits 96-inch square or rectangular hot tubs
- Built durable and made to last
- Super simple to install
- Can open with one hand
- Cover not included
- This cannot be used for round hot tubs
3. SpaEase 150 Under Mount Hot Tub Cover Lift
SpaEase makes this under mount hot tub cover lift to be extremely durable. The finish is made of a combination of zinc-plated steel and powder-coated aluminum. You can even fold this cover away efficiently to the side of your tub.
One of the best things about this cover is you will not have to drill into the sides of your hot tub. The plates beneath the tub are held firmly by the weight of the spa. The under plates measure 8.75 feet by 8.75 feet, so they are ample big enough for almost any spa.
- No drilling into the side of hot tub
- Under plates held firmly by the tub’s weight
- Zinc-plated and powder-coated aluminum finish
- Cover stores on either side of the spa when not in use
- Arms are not sturdy
- May require spa be empty to install
4. Blue Wave Low Mount Spa Cover Lift
- Budget-friendly hot tub bath cover
- Rust free durable steel is used
- Simple & easy to use
- Comes with 1 year of warranty
- Meant for specific hot tubs only
- The hot tubs that do not have round corners cannot install the brackets properly
This simple and affordable cover lifter is a manual pivot style which mounts at ground level. The full view of the spa can be preserved as this cover can be folded down from the behind of hot tub. This cover is rust free as powder coated corrosion resistant steel is used to craft it. But this is not a universal cover which can be easily fitted to all type of spas.
It is designed specifically for the rectangular or square hot tubs with radius corner up to the eight feet width. The side on which the cover is stored should have a space of 4 feet to fold it down and back. If there is not enough space, the stowing and removing of cover will be a tedious task.
5. Cover Valet – Cover Caddy – Hot Tub Spa Cover Lifter
- Compatible with all types of spas’ shapes due to its under-mount cover design
- Easy to install
- High-grade corrosion free aluminum is used
- Can be stored inside your spa conveniently
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Higher on the price side
- Cannot work if placed in a vertical position
This cover comes with a candy under-mount base for facilitating easy installation. It is suitable for the spa of different shapes like rectangular, square, octagonal and round with its unique design. This spa covers can be easily removed due to gas spring in it. You are not required to attach anything to your spa cabinet with this candy cover.
You can easily lift or lower your spa cover easily with the available powerful gas springs in it. It works effectively when 36” of clearance is provided. The height of this cover can be adjusted from 30” to 40” according to the height of your spa. XL spacers with 4”-6” tapers for spa covers.
A little higher on pricing, this universal cover is a great deal to grab if the price is not the constraint.
6. Covermate Easy Spa Cover Lifter
- Privacy is ensured with its side spa cover holder
- It can easily be used for to the spa with a width up to 96”
- Web nylon straps are provided for support
- Rust free powder coated aluminum tubes are used
- TowelMate are provided for the purpose of towel hanging
- Not compatible with the round shaped spas
- Only rear mounted brackets can work with this cover
With its zero moving parts, it comes with a spa cover storage and spa cover lifter solution. The innovative design of the spa cover makes it compatible with all straight-sided spas. By using simple hand tools, this cover can be installed easily on any hot tub. It facilitates easy installation.
The operation of the lifter is very easy. The only problem is that if the mounting brackets are not there, it will not work well.
7. Cover Valet 250 (Item No. 7910) Spa Cover Lift
- The effortless lifting is possible with gas springs
- It quickly fits any backyard design with its striking design
- Cover lift and spa covers are available separately
- Spa covers up to 7.5’ is covered by the spa cover lifters
With its stylish looks, this convenient spa cover lift knows how to complete its renovation work. The lift cover does not fall back into the place easily with its easy lock system.
The gas springs lead the closing and opening effortless. The one side view of the hot tub gets blocked. This is one of the safe and reliable lifters which can easily beat its competitor with its sturdy design and easy style.
8. Cover Classic Bottom Mount Spa Cover Lifter
- No gas shocks and ensures very easy installation
- Long lasting cover with lesser wear and tear on cover
- The easy design of the cover quickly blends
- Not meant for the in-ground or sunken spas
- It can only fit the rectangle or square shaped hot tubs
Crafted from anodized aluminum, this cover lifter is a bottom mount spa. Most of the covers up to 99” can be conveniently handled by it. With its easy installation process, it provides a pivot type of lift assist. With its compact size, it is quite easy to store.
No cover handling or gas shocks are available with it. This cover lifter is moderately priced, making it an affordable deal. The shelf life of this lifter is high as it crafted from a very durable material. The flexible material of this cover lifter facilitates its easy usage.
It is not meant for all types of spas. Moreover, the instruction manual provided is not easy to understand; hence it takes little time to assemble it.
9. The Cover Guy Deluxe Hot Tub Cover
- It has an R19 insulation value
- It comes with tear-free handles and reinforced the folding hinge
- Polyester Thread of Marine Grade is used to enhance durability
- A tapered cover of 5” by 3” provided
- Gas springs provided are rust free and corrosion resistant
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- For some cases, it requires custom made changes
With its capability to deal with harsh winters and heavy loads, it is one of the lightweight and durable Hot tub covers. It efficiently keeps the heat inside and cold out. The foam thickness of 5” – 3” is provided in this cover with a tapered design.
This high-density form can easily resist the harsh snowfalls and also let the rain runs off easily. Although the manufacturer claims that it can sustain the weight of animals and children, it is advised to keep them away from them for the safety reasons.
4 lock child safety tie downs are also provided to make it child-safe. It boasts durability with the highest marine grade vinyl and mildew inhibitors used to craft this cover. All the high-stress areas of the cover are strengthened with the 20 points of stitching.
10. Outdoor Solutions NP5041 Easy-Off Economy Spa Cover Lift
- Facilitate easy assembly and operation
- It is a heavy duty cover lifter
- Durable, corrosion resistant and tough
- A spa is not damaged due to mounting
- Flexible for widths and heights
- Goes well with all kind of spa shapes
- Difficult to lift the tub to fit the flange
- All the 18 holes need to be drilled as no pre-punching provided
This easy-off lifter is counted among one of the best spa cover lifters due to its strength and versatility. Any shape of the spa including round, octagonal, oval, and square or rectangle can be easily fitted to this cover.
With its 6 feet to 8 feet width, it conveniently fits to all the sizes without a glitch. The width and height of the spa can be adjusted against its tubing. This heavy-duty cover lifter is meant for the high-usage spa. It facilitates an effortless cover removing and replacing task.
he powder-coated metal tubing ensures durability, strength, and resistance to the corrosion.
How to determine what is the best Hot Tub Cover Lifter – Buying Guide
After several considerations, an appropriate Hot Tub Cover must be chosen to suffice all your requirements. Below are some of the factors which should be considered to make a judicious investment in your cover lifter:
As the spa cover lifters are made up considering the various shapes of the spa, always choose the one considering the shape of your spa. Many lifters are only compatible with the round spa, while some are compatible with the linear shape spa and other can easily fit all kind of designs. Hence the shape of your spa plays a vital role in picking up the right cover lifter.
The space that you have around your hot tub plays a major role in picking up the right cover lifter. Some lifters need very less space while others may require up to 4 feet. It is important to choose a cover lifter, which desirably fits into the available space.
Few cover lifters are specifically crafted keeping in mind few tub sizes. Most of the cover lifters are suitable for the spas having a width between 76” to 96”. It is important to measure the dimension of your spa first to find an appropriate spa cover lifter.
The process of attachment
The lifters are available as side mount, under mount, bottom mount, and back mount. Few can be mounted on the deck while other requires to be attached to the hot tub. A suitable attachment method is required basis on the various spa installations like over a deck, in-ground or stand alone.
Hence the best spa lifter should be picked up on the basis of the installation of your hot tub.
Various other factors like installation requirements, Ease of operations, Hot tub cover thickness need to be considered before choosing the best hot tub cover lifter.
Hot tub covers keep the tub clean and efficiently regulate the heat loss. Hence, they are considered very useful equipment. Determining your distinctive requirements including your budget, will help you to answer reasonably – What is the best Hot tub cover lifter?
If you do not have time to research, you can go for any one of the above mentioned products. Take time to make a careful investment with these comprehensive guidelines and analysis of efficient cover lifters available in the market!